NOTE: In accordance with 29 Del. C. Section 10006A, Board of Adjustment Hearings will be held as a virtual meeting utilizing Zoom Webinar. The Multi-Purpose Room of the James H. Gilliam, Jr. Building, 67 Reads Way, New Castle, DE 19720 will be accessible during the scheduled hearing time for members of the public to attend the virtual meeting in-person.
Or One tap mobile: US: +19292056099,,89881968754# or +13017158592,,89881968754#
Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 929 205 6099 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 Webinar ID: 898 8196 8754
1. 4 Biggs Lane, Middletown, DE 19709. Area variance: To construct a dwelling 22 feet from the rear property line (40-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. Daralice Grayo.NC21 Zoning. CD 12. (App 2022-0426-A) TP 12-025.40-014.
2.308 Sweet Gum Court, Middletown, DE 19709. Area variance: To construct an addition 20 feet from the rear property line (25-foot rear yard setback) see UDC Table 40.04.110.B. SRA Home Products. S Zoning. CD 12. (App 2022-0438-A) TP 13-014.34-236.
3. 1417 Newport Road, Wilmington, DE 19804. Area variances: 1. To maintain 3 identification Signs 1, 2 & 3 (1-wall or ground identification sign permitted) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 2. To maintain a 41 square foot wall identification Sign 1 (20-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 3. To permit 2 additional identification Signs 4 & 5 (1-wall or ground identification sign permitted) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 4. To permit a 40 square foot ground identification Sign 4, with a 35 square foot Electronic Variable Message Sign (EVMS) portion (20-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. New Castle County Vocational Technical School District.S Zoning. CD 1. (App 2022-0386-A) TP 07-041.20-016.
4. 1053 S. Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19801. Area variances: 1. To permit a 162-square foot ground sign (150-square foot maximum sign area) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 2. To permit a 162-square foot ground sign 4 feet from the S. Market Street right-of-way (40-foot ground setback) see UDC Table 40.06.060. 3. To permit an instructional sign 0 feet from the S. Market Street right-of-way (2-foot setback) see UDC Section 40.06.040.A. Two Farms, Inc.CR Zoning. CD 10. (App 2022-0448-A) TP 10-001.00-012.
5. 1911 Old Capitol Trail, Newark, DE 19711. Area variances to facilitate the recordation of a Land Development Plan: To permit a maximum gross floor area ratio of 0.93 (0.18 maximum gross floor area required) see UDC Table 40.04.110.A.Rich DSM Kirkwood Properties, LLC.CN Zoning. CD 9. (App 2022-0202-A) TPs 08-054.40-152 & 08-054.40-153.
6. 563 Old Summit Bridge Road, Middletown, DE 19709.*This application has been continued to a future hearing date TBD. Use Variance Amendment: To amend a previously approved Use Variance to eliminate Conditions (1) requiring the business operator to reside on premises and (2) limiting the use to the applicant and the applicant's family, to facilitate the conversion of an existing mason contractor's business to an electrical contractor's business. See UDC Section 40.31.455. Marjay Enterprises, LLC.NC21 Zoning. CD 12. (App 2022-0333-A) TP 13-002.00-002.
Individuals needing reasonable accommodations according to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please call 395-5400 (DRS, 1-800-232-5460) at least (5) business days before the meeting/hearing. Information is available in the Department of Land Use, New Castle County Government Center, 87 Reads Way, Corporate Commons, New Castle, DE from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., or call 395-5400.