Pay Your Sewer Bill Online
New Castle County 2021 residential sewer bills are due March 1. The safest, easiest, most secure, and most cost-effective way to pay your bill is online using a major credit card. New Castle County has partnered with Paymentus, a third-party company that accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and electronic checks.
You can pay your residential sewer service bill online by clicking here, or by calling Paymentus toll-free at 877-225-7351. To keep constituents safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, New Castle County is currently waiving service fees.
If you have any questions concerning making payments through Paymentus, you may call their Customer Contact Center at 800-420-1663.
New Castle County Executive Meyer to support emergency tax relief ordinances for residents
On March 31, 2020, New Castle County Executive Matt Meyer announced that he will support a slate of emergency ordinances that will help ease the financial burden on New Castle County residents through the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. County Executive Meyer will also waive certain fines and fees through County Executive administrative powers. The emergency ordinance is expected to go into effect immediately.
“We’re all searching ways to do our part,” said County Executive Meyer. “I am happy to support these emergency ordinances as well as enact the executive orders to help some of our taxpayers in a challenging time.”
The fines and fees suspended through the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic enacted by the emergency ordinances include:
- Suspension of monthly penalty charges on unpaid sewer fees for residential accounts only
- Waiving returned check fees
- Waiving any library fines and fees
- Suspending collections of county accommodations tax
- Waiving any fees for building permits for signs
“I am happy we could come together and offer New Castle County residents this little bit of relief during this difficult time,” said District 11 County Councilman David Tackett. “I look forward to working with my Council colleagues and County Executive Meyer to find other ways we can help unburden our citizens in this time of uncertainty.”
The County Executive, through executive order, will waive the following taxes and fees:
- Waiving Maintenance Corporation Billing Service fees
- Waive credit card fees for all tax and sewer payments made for so long as the state emergency declaration is in place
The executive order will also suspend Sheriff sales for so long as the state emergency declaration is in place.
Check Your Payment Status
You can access your sewer bill information and payment status online to obtain detailed account information including payment history for both sewer service billing and taxes.
2021 Residential Sewer Service Billing Schedule
The 2021 residential sewer bills were mailed the third week of January and will be due Monday, March 1, 2021. If you do not receive your bill by February 7, please contact New Castle County at 395-5340. Sewer bills are also available to view, download, and print through our Parcel View system.
Methods of Payment
- PLEASE NOTE: During the COVID-19 State of Emergency, the New Castle County Government Center, located at 87 Reads Way in New Castle, is CLOSED to the public.
- A drop box is available for making check and money order payments 24 hours a day at the main entrance of the New Castle County Government Center.
- If you lose or misplace the self-addressed envelope that was sent with the bills, you can mail your payment to:
(PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW MAILING ADDRESS EFFECTIVE MAY 1, 2019)
New Castle County
P.O. Box 781177
Philadelphia, PA 19178-1177
- The address above is an electronic payment processor. DO NOT postdate your check, as it will not affect the processing date. Your check will be processed when received. Please sign your check as well. If you pay your bill through your online banking application, please be sure to update our mailing address.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
- Major credit cards are accepted through Paymentus, a third-party company that accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and electronic checks. You can pay your residential sewer service bill online by clicking here, or by calling Paymentus toll-free at 877-225-7351. Paymentus charges users a service fee of $5.25 for each transaction per $650 increment; however, County Executive Matt Meyer continues to strive to keep constituents safe during the COVID-19 pandemic and is currently waiving service fees. If you are paying more than $650, you will be required to pay with multiple transactions when using this service. If you have any questions concerning making payments through Paymentus, you may call their Customer Contact Center at 800-420-1663.
All residential properties connected to the New Castle County sewer system are billed on an annual basis. This billing is mailed out once a year in January in advance for the current calendar year. For example, sewer service bills that were due February 28, 2021, cover the calendar year ending December 31, 2021. Sewer service bills are based on a property’s actual water usage over a prior 12-month period. The property’s water company provides this information to New Castle County.
Pre-Payment of Sewer Service Charges
In an effort to assist customers in reducing the amount owed at the time of their annual property and school tax bill, New Castle County allows you to pay on your parcel or account in advance. Advance payments or pre-payments will be posted as a credit and applied to the next bill generated for your account.
The accepted method of payment for “Pre-Payments” include:
- Monthly automatic payments (ACH) debited from your checking or savings account.
- This option is managed through the New Castle County Office of Finance Treasury Unit. To learn more, please click here.
- Using an online payment service provider, such as your banking institution.
- Checks or Money Orders mailed/delivered to NCC.
Pre-Payments mailed to NCC should be sent to the address below. These payments should include the account or parcel number and be made payable to:
New Castle County
P.O. Box 781177
Philadelphia, PA 19178-1177
Click here to obtain a copy of a Pre-Payment Coupon. Please note: the coupon is fillable. For best results, print the completed coupon form double-sided.
To obtain your account or parcel number, or to review account information click here to use our website to search for your property.
Refund of Tax or Sewer Charges Paid in Error
If you believe you paid New Castle County property tax or sewer service fees in error, you can request a refund by completing this form (PDF). Download the form, complete it, save it to your computer, and then email it to: