Last year we introduced our riding community to our new Cross Country Course, and it’s been very well received. What if jumping isn’t your thing? Do you love the art of Dressage? If you are more interested in achieving the harmonious, fluid movement that only comes from many hours of connecting with your equine partner, then you will love our addition to the park.
This year we have added a permanent 20X60 meter dressage arena for your enjoyment. Perched in the field overlooking a gorgeous pond and fountain, you can ride your test to perfection. This is a great way to prepare for your next competition in a standard large arena.
If you’ve paid your fees to ride in the dressage arena, you are also welcome to jump the cross country course, or hack out around the park.
3700 Limestone Rd.
Wilmington, DE 19808
Open daily, dawn until dusk
Hours of Operation
9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Must be off the course by 7 p.m.
What is the cost?
$50 per rider/per horse/per day includes dressage, cross country, or hacking out.
You will find staff members on-site to assist you with registration and payment.
Where do I park?
The entrance for the cross-country course and dressage arena is located at 3100 Skyline Drive Wilmington, DE. See the signs for Cross-Country entrance through the double gate in the white board fence. Staff members will be on-site to assist you.
Rules for Schooling
- Liability waivers must be signed and payment made before unloading your horse from the trailer. Any violations will result in ejection from the course.
- Riders may not school alone!
- Coggins accession number will be required on the waiver.
- All riders must wear an ASTM/SEI helmet, protective vest, and boots.
- Park trucks and horse trailers in designated area only.
- Riders are responsible for control of their horses at all times.
- No public restrooms or access to water are available at this time.
- Bring water for your horses to drink as well as sponging down after riding.
- Medical arm bands are highly recommended for safety.
- No dogs allowed on the cross country course or left unattended at/in vehicles. Please leave your dogs at home!
COVID-19 Requirements for Cross Country Course and Dressage Arena Use
- Please follow the 6’ social distancing guidelines when visiting Carousel Park.
- Leave adequate space between trailers while parking.
Masks (face coverings)
- Masks are always to be worn by all participants except when riding.
- Riders must carry masks with them while mounted in case of emergency.
- All participants must sanitize hands BEFORE and AFTER registration is completed.
- Payment must be in the form of a check or exact cash.