Anime Day at the Art Studio is a family-friendly, bento box-sized, anime and manga convention! Meet local manga artists, learn about anime and participate in workshops. There will be vendors, anime screenings, a video game room, food trucks and more! Wear your favorite cosplay and win the costume contest. All ages. FREE
Saturday, August 24, 2019 - 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
The Art Studio
310 Kiamensi Road
- Vendor Fair
- Anime Screenings presented by Delaware Anime Society (DAS)
- Cosplay Contest (dress your best!)
- Play Pokemon TCG (bring your best decks!)
- Drawing Room
- Video Game Room presented by the Christiana Mall Microsoft Store
- Learn about New Castle County Library's Manga and Anime Collections
- Food Trucks: The Roaming Raven
- Since this is a family friendly event, no nudity or overly revealing cosplays.
- Footwear is required at all times. No skates, roller blades, or stilts.
- Masks should be easily removable upon request of event staff.
- Props and Weapons: Authentic weaponry, swords, knives, or any other metal objects with an edge are prohibited. Guns/firearms, or any item that shoots a projectile are prohibited. Plastic, cardboard, papier-mâché, and other safe props will be allowed at staff discretion.
- Mock or play fighting is not allowed.
- Event Staff reserves the right to remove any attendees who do not follow the above rules or are creating a disturbance or hazard for other attendees. Please be courteous and respectful to others, use common sense, and have fun!
- Reminder: The Art Studio consists of hallways and classrooms and may not be suitable for “larger than life” costumes.
Cosplay Contest Rules
- Cosplay must adhere to event cosplay rules.
- Contest is open to all genres: anime, video games, movies, comics, etc.
- Please bring source/reference material, such as a printout of your character’s design or images on a mobile device so judges have something to compare your cosplay to.
- Those under the age of 18 should have their parent's permission to participate.
- Must be able to navigate through doorways and stairs to the stage without assistance.
- Participants will be photographed and give permission that such images may be shared online and in event promotions.
Cosplay Contest Schedule
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Check in and judging at the Delaware Anime Society table in the Main Exhibit Hall.
- 2:45 p.m. Stage line up for winners at the Delaware Anime Society table in the Main Exhibit Hall.
- 3:00 p.m. Stage presentations and awards.
DAS is a group of Anime lovers who meet monthly at Brandywine Hundred Library to share their love for Anime by watching and discussing their favorites. DAS will present the following Anime videos (all are PG or PG-13)
- 11 a.m. - 12 p.m. My Hero Academia, Episodes 1-3 (sub, rated PG-13)
- 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Fruits Basket, Episodes 1-3 (sub, rated PG-13)
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Spirited Away, (Movie, dub, rated PG)
- 3 p.m. – 4 p.m. Trigun, Episodes 1-2 (dub, rated PG-13)
Workshops (Limited Seating)
Copic Marker Basics
Have you always wanted to learn about drawing with Copic illustration markers? Then this is the workshop for you! The workshop will cover basic info about Copic markers, blending tips and practice of techniques using Copic markers. Participants should bring their own Copics (Sketch or Ciao) markers to the workshop.
Creating Comics with PLB Comics
James Dufendach, PLB Comics
The Creating Comics! panel features the PLB comics team touching on all the major components of creating a finished comic book, from script writing to pasting up a finished product, how current technology has changed how comics are created and how that relates to the comic creator, PLB presenters will discuss it all. During this time attendees are encouraged to ask questions at any time and participate in the dialog. Attendees will also be sent home with an information packet that summarizes everything discussed during the event, as well as a list of valuable resources to help them along in creating their very own comics. Not only that, but each attendee will also take home a free comic book.
More workshops will be announced soon!